Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Breaking Bad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Breaking Bad

    One of the very best shows on tv . Bryan Cranston ( Malcolm in the Middle dad ) is tearing up the acting on this show . This is the 3rd season just starting so if you haven't seen it and like gritty shows this is a must see . It's on AMC on Sunday night .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Breaking Bad

    It's the best show on television by a mile. This season looks awesome as well. I saw an interview that there is a crazy twist at the end of this season that's going to blow everyone's mind. I was worried to read your post because I haven't watched but the first 5 minutes of last nights show so far. I saw how Tortuga got his head cut off and then saw Skylar driving to the house. Thanks for no spoilers.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Breaking Bad

    This last weeks show was one of the best ever . What an ending to an episode !
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Breaking Bad

    I was actually going to dig this thread up to ask you about it when I got home. You beat me to it. The last two weeks have been frickin' spectacular. Especially the last 10 minutes of each episode. I was out of breath after last weeks episode. I was like "How in the world are they gonna get out of this?". That last scene in Sunday's episode was HARDCORE! It was like the ear cutting scene from Resevoir Dogs. AMAZING! THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION! THERE IS NOTHING ELSE EVEN CLOSE!
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Breaking Bad

    The Dog's reference was a very good analogy for the tension of the last scene . Wow , that last bullet made a lasting impression . Who will replace those bad dudes going forward ? They remind me of the the J. Bardem character in No Country For Old Men . Hardcore sociopaths that nightmares are made of .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Breaking Bad

    During the whole sequence I was on the edge of the couch and my heart was racing. It was the same thing I remembered from that R.D.'s scene. The whole time then I was like "Don't light the dude on fire!" when I watched B.B. yesterday, I was like "COME ON HANK!!!". It was great. A big stylistic change with the way they had the blood and brain matter splatter the camera. It's usually more like you're hiding behind something watching these guys do these things. Which is what I was thinking when Walt was talking to his new lab assistant in the lab. There were camera angles where it was like 10 feet away and kind of shooting around an object. With that last shot it was like you were 3 feet behind.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •